Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The PLN Experience

My experience with a Professional Learning Network has been engaging and powerful. At the start of my journey on Twitter, I have found some wonderful groups and educators to follow. It is so inspiring to see what other educators are doing in their classroom not only in my district but in schools all over. 
On Thursday, September 29th I set out to try my first #EDChat as @ZikaA27.  I decided to try my luck at the #ICEILchat. I felt a bit nervous mainly because I was unsure of the speed in which I would need to respond. Luckily to my surprise, I found that the pace with not as difficult to keep up with as I thought. I liked that the discussion started off with a introduction and that there was a presentation of all the questions to preview and refer to  (courtesy of @amber_heffner). 
Since technology is not my area of expertise, I learned many interesting pieces of information. It was cool to see how some participants knew each other, yet the vibe overall was one that was welcoming and accepting. It was fascinating to be able to observe and interact with such a large group of people at one time from the comforts of my couch! At times I felt that I didn't have a great deal to contribute to the conversation because I did not have the same background knowledge as all the participants. Therefore, there were questions that I needed to do some research around to be able to respond with some insight. I did learn a great deal and feel that I will definitely participate in another #EdChat soon! 
Professional Learning Networks are a great way to get inspired by other professional and collaborate on your time. My favorite http://www.theprimarypeach.com/ is a wonderful network that I have found some wonderful resources in multiple areas. I have found some great reading ideas and technology use idea for my classroom. Check it out!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear you found the chat to be warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete